Chief Financial Officer
Hexagon Lavish® is an antiartificial scientific R&D startup based in Atlanta, Georgia that specializes in performance of immediate materials characterization and information retrieval technique development and implementation. The company's introductory product, PIR: Premier Information Retrieval, is informational interpretation software and service that amplifies and maximizes the utility of computer vision and image processing.
Our technology, informational interpretation, rests at the sub-root of information retrieval and is designed to perform an IMMEDIATE detection functionality utilizing a combination of image processing and computer vision. Our product-in-development, PIR: Premier Information Retrieval, exemplifies the aforementioned performance.
Hexagon Lavish® is an antiartificial scientific R&D startup based in Atlanta, Georgia that has a full-time/permanent position for a Numerically-Driven Chief Financial Officer to drive and maintain the financial well-being of a fast-paced scientific R&D startup by means of financial reporting, accounting services, business analysis and personnel management.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for reporting directly to the CEO of this startup and will also be a member of the executive team working closely with other departments/divisions of the organization.
The Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee the company's financial administration and planning including, but not limited to, financial policy development and implementation, management of accounting systems, budget planning and implementation, risk management and insurance, asset acquisition and divestment analysis, taxation, short and long-term forecasting and strategic planning.
The Chief Financial Officer will manage the financial accounting and reporting for the organization including safeguarding the company's financial resources, reporting to regulators and funders and maintaining the integrity of the books and records.
The Chief Financial Officer will have significant experience in having an executive presence, credibility and confidence to present financial data and provide strategic recommendations to the Board of Trustees on all financial matters.
- Streamline and ensure accounting controls and procedures
- Administer and oversee employee compensation
- Compliance with SBIC reporting and liaison with examiners
- Oversight and coordination of investor relations
- Lead and mentor the accounting team
- Ensure the accurate, timely analysis and reporting of financial information
- Oversee preparation and delivery of quarterly reporting and distribution to limited partners
- Supervise annual fund audits and tax returns in coordination with the company's auditors and tax accountants
- Cash management including monitoring cash balances, capital requirements, investment funding, manage reserves, etc.
- Venture capital and/or private equity entrepreneurial CFO experience desired
- Direct all finance activities including quarterly reporting and valuations for the funds, tax compliance and financial reporting
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment surpluses and take appropriate action
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, forecasts, or reports required by financing organizations, regulatory agencies or other stakeholders
- Works closely and transparently with all external partners including audit firm, banking institutions, financial and other consultants, as well as vendors
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results against forecast, initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances
- Administer SEC regulatory compliance program (Investment Advisor Act) and keep abreast of all applicable compliance matters that pose potential risk to firm
- Work closely with the senior leadership team by providing financial transparency, insight and profitability analysis into business performance
- Serve as a key partner to the chief executive officer in planning the company’s future growth, value creation and strategic partnerships, while leveraging its strategic advantage in the space
- Assist in the creation of a refined and highly-scalable real estate assessment and site-selection model that can be applied to a wide range of opportunities for Pioneer’s expansion
- Develop trusted, strong relationships with the board, lenders and other external stakeholders and ensure transparent communication that inspires confidence about the state of the business
- Recruit, mentor and develop the finance team and its capability for an increasingly complex and larger business, specifically building strength within the FP&A function to assess market positioning, competition and strategic planning
- A Master's in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years of experience; ideally beginning in accounting followed by roles in financial planning and analysis
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a complex, multi-site environment high-tech/scientific R&D organization
- 7 years of developing a creative footprint in contrast to a "financial record"
- Develop and maintain relationships in all aspects of banking, insurance, benefits, and casualty programs including monitoring changes in health insurance regulations and workers compensation
- Supervise all ESOP administration activities
- Monitor Financial Activities and details such as cash flow and reserve levels
- Harbor the ability to develop reports, create presentations and communicate findings to both internal and external audiences
- Have the ability to effectively manage employees’ performance, communicate performance expectations and objectively evaluate employees’ job performance
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and processes for providing fiscal management of an organization. This includes resource management, needs assessment, best practices development and implementation
- Reputation for being a proactive leader with evidence of having worked as a true business partner with senior leadership teams in program and administration
- Experience in creating and managing external partner relationships
- Results oriented; understands financial and programmatic requirements and provides solutions in a rapidly changing funding environment and growth-oriented organization
- Experience in creating and managing external partner relationships, developing joint ventures and preferred provider agreements
- Exceptional operational and strategic planning skills; having a background in financial planning and analysis, budget development, financial modeling and projections
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate, inter-divisional and divisional strategies and tactics
- Establish and delegate responsibilities, authority and decision-making appropriately
- Ability to collaborate between cross-functional / interdisciplinary teams
- Articulate ecosystem value and strategy to business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Team-oriented toward one common goal in contrast to individual gain
- Sound decision-maker
- Establish effectiveness as a mentor
- Strong analytical skills; experience interpreting strategic plans and changes in how services are delivered into a long-term sustainable operating model
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
EXPECTATIONS OF ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English (and other languages)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to anticipate, manage and respond to legal and business needs as necessary
- Harbor the ability to work well with people and be able to work efficiently and effectively a an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Must demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the Hexagon Lavish® mission, vision and values
BASE SALARY for this position is conditioned by a "24-schedule" that awards a certain amount per hour.
This position is a full-time/permanent position and requires a "24-schedule" that equates to a minimum of forty (40) hours per week.
Hexagon Lavish® is an equal opportunity employer and sets a fair-point perspective on all candidates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.