Staff Research Scientist III: Scientific Programmer I*
Hexagon Lavish® is an antiartificial scientific research and development startup based in Atlanta, Georgia that has an opening for a full-time/permanent position for a Scientific Programmer I.
The vigorously charged Scientific Programmer I will be responsible for supporting multiple projects and will work with senior engineers and scientists as far as helping with design architectures, interfaces and the development of advanced algorithms for both signal and image processing applications.
The Scientific Programmer I will also be responsible for conducting numerical analysis and tasks involving research in electromagnetic phenomena. The candidate chosen for the position of Scientific Programmer I will have a background with significant experience in scientific/numerical software development in regards to writing scientific software and applying such software tools that will solve real world problems.
*All applicants for scientific, mathematical or technical positions will be subject to a pre-interview questionnaire.
- Implement and test numerical algorithms in high-performance computing environments
- Experience in programming proficiency
- Perform research and development of new and advanced modeling
- Adapt recent innovations from computing technology and applied mathematics
- Develop new algorithms for model building and inversion
- Will engage in FORTRAN, Python, C, C++, C#, Optimization, Software Architecture, High Performance Computing and Parallel Programming
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs
- Applies existing custom research software to both well-defined and complex problems
- Analyzes and integrates existing commercial and open-source software solutions with tailored in-house software solutions
- Integrates scientific software packages with database solutions
- Translate complex scientific algorithms into robust software components
- Adhere to project-specific software development guidelines and practices
- Some experience working in a UNIX environment with advanced scripting languages (e.g., Perl, ksh, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Some practical application of computing languages such as FORTRAN, C, and C++, and graphical display programs such as GRADS, GEMPAK, MATLAB, IDL, etc.
- Knowledge of designing software systems for high performance computing systems, such as distributed and shared memory supercomputers, and parallel programming libraries (e.g., MPI)
- Experience with developing and testing numerical environmental prediction codes in a high-performance computing environment
- Teamwork and the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- BS degree (with 2-3 years of experience) with formal course work in physics, mathematics and computer programming
- Active collaboration with teaming partners, research facilities and academic organizations
- Demonstrated skill in communicating effectively with scientists of diverse backgrounds on technical details of the work plan and present results accurately and clearly in both oral and written form
- Prepare and deliver reports and/or presentations of research projects/analysis results to the Chief Science Officer
- Apply safety-related knowledge, skills and practices to mundane duties and responsibilities to work
- Be contributory to the statistical endeavors of the company's projects
- Ability to form team consensus on design choices and execution plans
- Strong analytical skills; experience interpreting strategic plans and changes in how services are delivered into a long-term sustainable operating model
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
EXPECTATION OF ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Must demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the Hexagon Lavish® mission, vision and values
- Harbor the ability to work well with people and be able to work efficiently and effectively a an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
BASE SALARY for this position is conditioned by a "24-schedule" that awards a certain wage per hour.
This position is a full-time/permanent capacity and requires a "24-schedule" that equates to a minimum of forty (40) hours per week.
Hexagon Lavish® is an equal opportunity employer and sets a fair-point perspective on all candidates.